This is my first pregnancy and I’m learning a lot of new things daily. One thing I didn’t expect was the amount of pills I’d need to consume daily.
Please keep in mind this is my personal experience and what I’m taking. This is in no way a recommendation about what you should or shouldn’t take. This is just the combination that I’m comfortable with and works for me!
My daily prenatal vitamin regime consists of:
- 4 x Prenatal Vitamins by MegaFood – Baby & Me Herb Free
- Note: Since this photo, I’ve changed my main prenatal to Garden of Life Vitamin Code RAW Prenatal which is 3 pills taken throughout the day. Read more about this below.
- 2 x Nordic Naturals Prenatal DHA
- 1 x NatureWise Vitamin D3 5,000 IU
- There are 2 pills in this photo because I was feeling under the weather that day.
- 2 x vitafusion Fiber Gummies
I had been taking the MegaFood prenatal’s on and off while trying to conceive. Once I found out I was pregnant, I started taking them religiously. I never felt any nausea, even when I took them on an empty stomach. The only con and the reason why I ended up switching to another brand was the size and that they aren’t coated. Pre-pregnancy, I didn’t have too many issues taking pills but I found myself struggling to get the MegaFood vitamins down. PLUS, you have to take four of them at a time!
That brings us to my new choice, the Garden of Life prenatals. These are a clear capsule type, a little smaller in size and easier to swallow. Aside from being easier to handle, the main difference with these are that they’re to be taken 1 pill, three times a day. I own a small business and have an unconventional schedule so it’s not as easy as “take one when you eat a meal”. I’ve set alarms on my phone and have been trying keep up. A little more work but definitely worth it. I haven’t experienced any sickness or nausea with this brand either, even when taken on an empty stomach.
All in all – it’s quite the cocktail daily.